Get involved with WePAC
Love libraries? Love literacy? Love children? Love making a difference? Then you will love volunteering with WePAC!
We are grateful for the many generous volunteers who already give their time working in our school libraries and mentoring their Library Buddies. But we can’t stop here! WePAC can only provide its literacy-based services to thousands of young students because of the selflessness, dedication, and talents of these volunteers. We are always looking for more volunteers to serve in our schools. In fact, we are recruiting new volunteers right now. You can help elementary school students reach their full potential. WePAC needs you!
What’s required for you to volunteer?
Complete all Pennsylvania background checks (State Police, Child Abuse, FBI) as required by the School District of Philadelphia
Attend an orientation and training session
Make a commitment to volunteer a minimum of 2-3 hours per week during the school year
Display consistency, dedication, self-motivation, and self-direction!
It’s easy to get started!
Complete All 3 PA Background Checks
PA State Criminal Background Check
- Click on Submit New Record Check
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Fill in Personal Information and click Proceed
- Fill in Information for Background Check (First and Last Name, D.O.B., etc.)
PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Create an individual account
- Check your email for temporary password
- Go back to site and create a new password
- Go back to original site and login with username and new password
FBI Fingerprint Clearance*
- Read Memorandum of Understanding, check the box & click “continue” at the bottom of the screen
- Read Dissemination Disclaimer, check the box & click “continue” at the bottom of the screen
- Fill out the application with personal information (Driver License Number is not required)
- Print out/write down Registration ID Number, bring it to a nearby UPS site that takes fingerprints
*Not required for volunteers that have been a Pennsylvania resident continuously for the past 10 years. Instead, volunteers must sign an affidavit affirming that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense. WePAC will provide an affidavit during orientation.