Ways you can help
If you love our mission but aren’t sure how to support us, here are just a few ideas! We welcome your input as well for innovative ways to get the word out about our work and children’s literacy in Philadelphia.
Book Donations are one of the first ways friends think to support the work that we do — and with good cause! What’s a library without books? However, just as in your own family, our students have characters and subjects that really stoke their interest and engagement in reading. Please check out our Book Donation Guidelines for more information on the types of books that we accept. Also read our FAQ about book donations for other important information before you get started.
Here are a few other ways to support our work!
Volunteer your time in support of our programs
- Join a program. Our school library and Library Buddies programs are open for new volunteer registration — and we also need floater volunteers who can substitute in our libraries as needed
- Achieve your “Destiny” as a dedicated book cataloger, visiting each of our libraries to catalog new books into our online system called Destiny
Donate to help children’s literacy
- Make a single donation through PayPal or via credit card on our website — or even set it up as a recurring monthly contribution
- Go old school by sending a check made out to “WePAC” — mail to WePAC, 5070 Parkside Avenue, Suite 1414, Philadelphia PA 19131
- Designate WePAC as beneficiary through United Way #29713
Start a Drive
- Organize a school supply drive for our libraries at your school, book club, house of worship or company (email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what we need)
- Organize a pledge drive for WePAC via GoFundMe or other crowdsourcing sites and have fun getting your friends involved